View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 07:14 AM   #19
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elora - I take it that you will also be writing Menecin, then? In all likelihood, he would not be entering the storyline until we get closer to Rivendell. The main action needs to center around the characters from the inn.

Also, we need to start the action from the inn, picking up from where things currently stand. That will serve as our starting point. We can make some minor changes as needed, but, since this is not exclusively the story of Naiore & Vanwe, it would be the most logical place to start.

You can refer to your characters' journey northward in flashback as much as you like.

Here are where things currently stand:

Vanwe is an employee in the stables at the Inn (whichever one we use). She has been there some weeks.

Naiore has just arrived near the inn. She is concealed in the trees just off the inn grounds.

Lespheria & Amandur are guests at the inn. Amandur suspects Naiore's presence in the region but is not aware of her proximity. They are preparing to depart on business of their own.

Kaldir stables his horse at the inn, but does not have a room there. He is close on Vanwe's back, intending to capture her & return her to her captors in the south. He senses the presence of Naiore, but is not sure of her identity. He would like to either catch or kill Naiore (he's not particular) for both personal and mercenary reasons.

Hanasian has not yet returned from Bree, where he went on the request of Benia. Like Kaldir, he stables his horse at the inn, but does not maintain a room there. He, too, is interested in capturing Naiore, but is not yet aware of her presence in the vicinity of the inn.

Benia has been captured by Kaldir and lies bound in the basement of an abandoned blacksmith shop nearby. For the purposes of the game, I will change her broken ankle to a sprain so that she will be more mobile more quickly. She is unaware of the presence of Naiore.

Gilly has taken up Benia's father's sword and gone in search of Benia. She is currently following Kaldir. Like Benia, she is unaware of the presence of Naiore.

Menecin is being held in the protection of Celeborn & the elves, currently off the stage of the inn.

Pio has offered to lift our posts directly out of the inn & place them in the Game Thread for us. I was thinking that that would probably work, except for the changes that would need to be made, e.g. Snowdog's name change, Benia's ankle, and names around the inn, etc. I will ask her what to do about edits, in the event we decide to use our inn posts in the game.

Thanks for the excellent Bios, Elora. Now, the rest of us need to get our Bios up. Once that has been done, we need to sort out where the action will go from where things currently stand.

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]