View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 08:40 AM   #21
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien

Quote:
I wonder how 'safe' it is to say that?
About as safe as this…

Quote:
there is no embodiment of the One, of God, who indeed remains remote, outside the World.

There is no “embodiment of the Creator anywhere in this story or mythology.
Letter 181

The One does not inhabit any part of Eä.
Letter 211
Any part of Eä would include inside it.

Quote:
Therefore Ilúvatar gave to their vision Being, and set it amid the Void, and the Secret Fire was sent to burn at the heart of the World and it was called Eä.
Here we have a statement that can be interpreted metaphysically, where the above statements can only be interpreted physically.

Quote:
think its entirely possible that the fires of Orodruin are more than just simple volcanic fires.
I’m not sure about this. It was the only volcano in that region of Middle earth. That in and of itself is enough to make it a unique source of power. That Sauron harnessed and tampered with that power for his own use I have no doubt, but other than that I don’t see a need to make the fires of Mount Doom any more than just that.