View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Tar-Eldar Network Television Newspaper Round-up

Tar-Eldar Network Television presents a summary of the various reports, rumours, and opinions from the leading newspapers in Arda.
  • From the Tirion daily broadsheet Arda: Eönwë and Ingwë fail to renew their contracts with Tirion, their destinations yet unknown. The editorial comments that the King of all Elves ‘had turned his back once more on his subjects to fawn upon the Valar’, suggesting that the Vanya, and probably the Maia as well, has joined Valimar. Meanwhile, Tirion captain Finwë presents their latest signing, former Real Valinor right back Rúmil. They now have four new defensive signings, though the contractual fate of their previous defenders remains unknown.

• From the Beleriand weekly magazine Quenta Noldorin Sport: AC Beleriand right back Ecthelion has been traded for another full-back, Balrog #4. Anfauglith are believed to have paid Fëanor’s side an additional $2 million to make the deal fall through. In the another article, QN Sport reports that deep-lying playmaker Meleth of Gondolin has taken a year’s hiatus from football. ‘The constant years of playing has tired me out,’ she said. ‘If I would be given another chance to play in future Arda Cups, I would consider it. But not this year.’

• From the Moria tabloid Daily Hammer: Midfielders Thrór and Thorin announce their departure from the Dwarves United squad; Thrór headed for retirement, Thorin joining the Lonely Mountain. In their place the sons of Dís, Fíli and Kíli, were signed for $2 million each.

• From the Beleriand daily magazine Gazetta Edain: AC Beleriand midfielder Bregolas’s one-year contract expires as negotiations for a renewal failed. In the meantime, regional rivals Inter Beleriand released defender Brandir. The editorial observes that, while Beren said that he joined Inter because he wanted to be reunited with some of his old Ladros teammates, his father Barahir signed an extension with Nargothrond, a team in dire need of a good defensive player.

• From the broadsheet Nargothrond Tribune: Finrod’s squad begin training in the High Faroth Arena. Most conspicuous is the presence of Bëor in outfield kit, meaning a) he is still in the squad; and b) he is no longer the goalkeeper. Less conspicuous is the presence of Petty-Dwarf Mîm on the touchline, wearing a grey suit and carrying stacks of videos. ‘Mîm in, Nienor out: Will that be enough to end years of disappointment?’ goes the editorial.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote