View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #3867
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I think we old writers should all make the kind of short "what I have in mind" -post Lommy just made.

So for my part I'd say Athanar will be off to fresh adventures.

With Stigend I have quite similar thoughts Lommy has with Modryth. It might be quite a tragedy if Cnebba was orphaned by the terrible winter, but I'm not sure it would be good drama as the closest person to him would be Garstan and his children - and they have no active writer.

So I'd say we (myself and Lommy) should continue co-writing Cnebba and we could bring both Stigend and Modryth into the story via his character, and of course if there is some need to add their voices independently of Cnebba's POV then we'd do it. I mean you never know when you need a staple hand around.

If we seem to be in need of characters to die in the terrible winter, then I'd say we could come up with a mix from Stigend and Modryth & Cnebba + Garstan & Garmund and Leothern. They were close friends both adults and kids and the remaining ones would naturally fall on each other's support if something terrible happened. But without Celuien I'm not sure we'd like to write at least any high drama just on our own...

That said I see myself quite free of any strong obligations (Athanar is off, Stigend will lay back and Cnebba is a co-written character).

So I might want to do something of the following...

My first idea is - has been basically from when I realised the Mead Hall would be back - to start taking care of the local lords (they're more or less my creations after all), especially if we decide they're going to play a role in the plots defining the Mead Hall's future. That would probably include less writing in the thread but more thinking and planning outside it. I might find that task very interesting indeed.

And it might actually end up including more writing in the thread as I have an idea that one of them at least might be a regular visitor soon enough. But I need to go back to those characters some time soon and see in more detail what I could do with them (I have ideas as to what kind of characters they were and how their relations were but I do not remember the details well enough to spell anything out quite yet).

Secondly. If we're going to have several new characters in the Hall I'd rather not add a new one to the mix, but I could think of picking up someone already in the Mead Hall no one writes - like who was this bad tongued old guy I think I wrote about whose task it was to teach Javan as a punishment (a punishment to Javan, not to him )? Or maybe one of Athanar's soldiers left in the Mead Hall (like leaving someone alongside Hilderinc that was actually written by someone)? Talking of which: unless Durelin comes back and says she wants to write Coenred, then Coenred should go with Athanar.