Thread: Three red dots?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 11:47 PM   #1
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Shield Three red dots?

The first time I saw RotK, I noticed that on a few occasions, a small triangle of three red dots popped up for a second or two. I asked friends locally if they'd seen it, but they hadn't. When I went again today, I saw them, and am fairly sure it's not just defective film.<P>The only time I noticed them was during the trebuchet attacks at Minas Tirith. There're a few that're just right in the middle in the sceen, or possibly a little to the right. They appear right after the trebuchet's fired and the material moves forward (or, in the first instance, to the left). <P>I'm wondering if anyone else has seen these things, or if anyone knows what they'd be used for. I originally thought they could be part of the background that was supposed to be covered, but there's a few shots where this doesn't make sense. I don't know. Help me out.<P>Very best.<P>[Edit: Multitasking leads to bad grammar. All better now.]<p>[ 12:50 AM December 23, 2003: Message edited by: QuickSlash ]