View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 07:39 PM   #542
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yaaay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
You've been really, really, really busy!
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
- Re-sing Appeal with the new score.

- Fix up the animation for Appeal to account for the above.
If you still have the "raw" Audacity file, I would recommend just replacing the music track with the new score, and adjusting the pause in between the two sections to match up to the existing vocals. The speed is the same, everything is the same, just the length of the pause is different. No need to re-sing and re-animate unless you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
For the 'duty' stanza, what is Finrod saying? He was brought to Middle-earth by the Oath, but he also chose his own course. He was following his duty, not out for revenge.

Ooh. You know what?

For the Oath's sake I forsook my own home, braved the Great Sea and bitter cold
But duty I chose
Duty I chose
Duty I choose
Never revenge.

Keeps the repeat, emphasises duty, and makes that shift from the Exile being his duty, to his duty to Beren as his vassal. And chose/choose is close enough to a rhyme that it doesn't sound bad.
If you like it, I'm down. I like the concept. But I have argued this stanza too many times in my head now to the point where it sounds ridiculous no matter what I say, so you make the final call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Now for 'account'. We want to say that knowing Beren - probably just for this one day, given the time compression inherent in a play - has made Finrod realise that love isn't this thing that you try and fit in a box. He's talking both about Beren's strength - and his own weakness, in abandoning Amarie for duty, rather than staying with her for love.
I think he also realizes that love is capable of overcoming the impossible - love knows no rules! So what if he is in ME and Amarie is in Valinor? Somehow love can still triumph in the end, and he need not be forlorn forever. Hope is not yet lost, the song is not yet finished, there is still time to do the impossible. Get Beren a Silmaril. Fix the Doom of the Noldor. Find Amarie. Simple. Because estel, that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
But in the song your heart has sung tonight?

or

But by the light your heart shines forth tonight?

I think 'heart' is a good word to work in here, because... it's the title of the next song. ^_^ The whole sequence is visual metaphors, and down in 'Truth' we have the secret fires blazing in mortal eyes, so love as a light in Beren's heart is a good metaphor. I'm inclined towards that, but there's plenty of time to change it.
Heart light. Heart bright. And at last I see tonight. Wish I may, wish I might. Hear the song I sing tonight.

(Alternatively: Untrembling I gaze into Fate's eyes - and she is going e'er so slightly cross-eyed...)

But only in the glow of your heart's light?

...Because there really isn't any reason for "tonight" other than rhyme. Though the more natural phrase would have been "in the light of your heart's glow".

Hmm.

I think it's important to underline that Finrod only just now realizes this simple but life philosophy changing concept. Does he get that across with only "at last" in the next line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
EDIT: Camp, sung? With more than a few re-recorded lines, but I think I got pretty close to what it's supposed to sound like.
More yaaay! :-D

Beren's lines threw me off a little at first because you sang them a little differently than the sketch I'm used to hearing, but I think they still land either in his right harmony or with the note Finrod sings, so it all works. I think I am back to my old adage though - if you don't mind making the music a liiiitle bit louder in the final version?