View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #528
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
You know, there's quite a lot of evidence to the contrary at this point.

Quote:
I think "quietly ignore" is my preferred reaction too. Though I am not as rattled by the idea of a sweetheart. Can she just be his sweetheart? If you're feeling very soapy romantic, maybe she could be his secret love that he never had the chance to open his heart to, because he left with his dad before he could muster the courage (but was he afraid of her reaction or his dad's reaction? We will never know...).
Are we 100% sure "she" isn't his harp?

Quote:
Lol. But seriously, I have no idea what Russian sounds like from the perspective of English. I can say that English to Russian sounds like you're trying to talk with with an ice cube in your mouth, all the sounds are way too rounded and nothing comes out crisp. But even though my English is better than my Russian at this point in life, I still can't hear what other English speakers hear when it comes to Russian. It just sounds... normal. It's the standard for comparison.
Trouble is, I don't think I've heard a lot of spoken Russian, and my sung Russian experience is polluted by the first set (Pella Hisie) being paired with Quenya, not English, and the second set (the Zong) now living in my head in English. I think it feels sharper - kind of the opposite of what you just said. But not as sharp as German. (And, um, I've just realised that one of the Zong lines in my head is actually from the /Quenya/ version of the Lament, so like... who even knows at this point. o.O)

hS