View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #253
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
By the way - what does "huine" mean in your name?
'Shadow'. It's the Quenya cognate of Taur-na-Fuin, though not quite as ominous. Depending on how I-made-this-name-in-2002 I'm feeling the name means anything from 'The shadow of an Eagle's wings as it passes overhead' to 'Evil Shadow-eagle'.

Quote:
Uhhh, we definitely need to re-record the choir. Hearing it with the accompaniment just emphasizes the spots that need to be fixed. I will try to arrange with Elanor to get that done this week. And if we redo everything, we'll do it at the slightly slower pace - unless you wanna go even slower? It's all up for grabs still.
I'm happy with either speed; I know my own recording needs redoing, so take all the time you need.

Quote:
How did you find that?! I thought I searched the length and breadth of Youtube when I was first posting about the different versions. I have seen clips of some of the performances, but not the whole collections. And not the 2020 and garden plays.
Mucking about while 'working' is a great incentive. ^_^ I think the 2020 version probably went up after you searched, if that helps.

Quote:
It sounds good! Tbh, when I was rewatching the videos a while ago, I thought you'd already done it, because they sounded good.
Heh. I need to redo a couple of slides in the Lament anyway, so I'll put it all in at once.

Quote:
Speaking of rewatching the finished videos... I went back to the Duel to try and find Menelmacar - it's Orion, right?
It is Orion, but, um... I can't see it either. I'm sure I drew it, but it's gotten all hidden. :-/

Quote:
Done up to "when I am left alone in this darkness".
Sounds good! My usual 'I don't know music' response fits well here, I think. ^_~

... and! Right, right, right! We have a video!

Wind (Amarie's Dream)

I may be biased, but I think Celebestel did an amazing job here. I also really like the graphic effects - but also am never doing them again. There's 112 separate images in this video.

This is also Finrod V3, who will be put back into the previous videos when I get a chance.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote