View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 06:09 PM   #242
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Woo! I'm listening to the instrumental now, but have already put together the graphics for the intro, because, uh... I didn't see that you'd finished the whole thing. ^_^
It's amazing how much free time you have when you don't spend 10-12 hours at work on a regular day. ^.^ (aka I am on a new rotation with gloriously light hours and suddenly found myself with a bunch of free time). Amd free time spurred me to a quick finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Here's the intro, which looks pretty much how I wanted it to (though I could wish it were smoother). The same effect will continue with the starfield throughout the sung part, though slower.
That looks amazing! (And yes, the view is very identifiable ). I thought the transitions were very smooth. The effect is really cool. I really really like it.

There is absolutely no rush to finish it. In fact, it makes me feel a bit better that for once we swap places and I am not the one determining the pace. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(... and the forests are linden on the left, maple on the right, because I couldn't help myself).
Hehe... So many trees to choose from. A few weeks ago I took my brother out on a nature walk, and the scenery was pretty Middle-earthy, with a pretty river and rocks and trees. And I had the Zong stuck in my head, of course. And it came to me that my dress was kinda cosplaying V2 Amarie. So I made my brother do a little photoshoot in character (attached). Sadly the willows weren't weeping willows, or that would have been an excellent pun. And no mist or deepening shadows, just the burning light of day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I like the interpretation of Amarie as a voice for the whole world (but then, I've been a Finrod fan for a long time...!). I'm now wondering whether we should switch 'Wind' back before 'Finrod's Last Song'; he goes off to die, then we get the mourning, and then he turns it around into a moral victory. (Also, it would deal with the fact that the current version doesn't include the main character for the final three songs!)
I think that depends on how we interpret both Amarie's and Finrod's songs. My initial interpretation of Wind was "I sense your death, I am grieving, my grief is translated to how I see the world, and I hope you come back to me" - very Amarie-centered. My new interpretation is Finrod-centered: your death is a blow, the world is different without you in it, nature itself is changed because of how much you are loved and how much you are being grieved. I think there is an element of both, really, but I like the addition of the second layer.

As for Truth - I interpreted it initially to fall on the moment of Finrod's death. His last thought, before he "steps through the gate", so to speak. Wind clearly references his already-happened-death and potential rebirth, I am not sure if that can be said truly before Finrod dies. But here is a thought: could Truth occur after the moment of death? En route to Mandos or something? Would it lose potency if it was detached from his death (at the end of Prison Duet)? When does Truth occur? Because that determined the chronoligy with Wind as well. I do agree that mood and moral development suggests Duet - Wind - Truth, but at the same time I am not sure of that works out logically based on the actual content of the lyrics, unless I sshift my mind to reinterpret some things.

Edit: I was rewatching the previous videos, and only now realized that the stars reflected in Esgalduin (or whichever Doriath river) are the Valacirca. Man, I was slow on the uptake!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20200816-WA0013.jpg (103.3 KB, 1183 views)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 09-02-2020 at 07:03 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote