View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #215
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Duet of Thingol and Melian, mediofinal version. With snazzed-up graphics, as promised.
Link updated. I like the stars-and-flowers, it's a lovely design. Gives Doriath a magical feel. Melian lights up the place with her magical fairy-lights. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I've been facing the same question on the graphics, specifically the backdrops. I'm sure I could draw a better Doriath, but... well, it's background, and the graphics are only there to give the song something to be over anyway.
Well - I'm not sure I completely agree. After all, this is a rock opera, not a choir. It implies a visual component. Originally that would be the acting and stage set up etc, but in the online medium, that's the graphics. I wouldn't discount the visual effects so much, they have a pretty important role in making things "sound right".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
It's so nice to know someone else is listening. ^_^ Speaking of names, I finally got around to asking my wife which name I should use, and we're going with Celebestel. (Three female vocalists... gracious, that's practically a full cast!)
That's a very graceful name! Maybe the next song should be Amarie so that she can get to use it.

Yeah, for a musical with NO overlapping female parts and TONS of overlapping male parts we have the perfect voice range ratio... Maybe for some of Beren/Finrod's duets I'll take one of them. After all, I don't think all of Finrod's songs are in a weird range for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
We'll make it! And by 'we' I mean 'you'll sweat over the songs and I'll muck about in Paint Shop'. ^_~
We all muck about in our own media... Now, gotta get mucking about with the Lament if I want to get anywhere.