View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #213
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Final-final version (for now). I've finally managed to synch the timings up correctly on the animations, and have added the full English subtitles. The previous version is obsolete and, in fact, deleted. (And yes, this means your table of contents needs updating...!)
Updated! Happy to update as many times as needed. That's what it's for.

Also, "final", "final 1", "really final", "I swear this time for real final" are all acceptable in this kind of work. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I'm really pleased with how this turned out! I'm still in awe of your accompaniment-writing abilities; it sounds incredible.
Heh, thanks. Who knew that my for-pleasure-and-enrichment-only keyboard lessons and a couple years of school band would actually come in handy years later?

Reflecting on the process, though, I feel like I spend a lot of time perfecting small details which aren't even heard very well with the singing over top. I keep forgetting that the singing is supposed to be the pinnacle of the piece, and what I hear on the instrumental is not the perfect and completed music, it's just supposed to be the background to the main thing. Maybe I should start doing things in broader strokes and rely more on the singing to get the subtleties across. Dunno. Will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
A note on "only to destroy" - I went back and rerecorded it while putting the video together, but, er... it synched up perfectly with the version I already had. ^_^; Clearly Fate wants me to sing it that way. (I did fix "Answer me first", though, which makes me feel much better.)
I like it! It flows very naturally. Would you like me to change the music to match? I think it sounds just fine as it is, but it's a quick change to make if you prefer them to synch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I will leave the choice between Galadriel and Melian up to you. Either sounds fun from my end, and you're the one doing the bulk of the work...!
Hey! I like to think of it as a shared investment.

My friend (the one cheering us on from the stands - and btw who volunteered to try some of the female parts as well. I should get her to pick a Tolkien nick so I can refer to her by name here...) sent me a link today of the metal version of Lament with the voices very quiet, so it's almost like an instrumental. She says it's not ideal, but good to practice with. I took that as fate's cue to start working on Galadriel.

(Here is the link: https://inkompmusic.ru/?song=%D0%A4%...29+%28minus%29)

It is my plan, however, to eventually get all of the songs done. Even if it takes me a year. (3 weeks max × 20 something songs... yeah...). Unless I actually get someone to help me out with the music.