View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 05:04 AM   #173
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Thank you! The portraits and Doriath were sketched by hand and gone over/coloured by computer; the emblems were done straight on the computer (based, obviously, on Tolkien's, though I've allowed the Finrod-Zong logo to colour his a little). I'm pleased it worked! The good part is that I can now use Beren and Luthien for any of their songs, without having to draw them again. (Their Meeting, in fact, wouldn't need any more art done at all!)
Is that a hint?

But yeah, very very cool art!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Ehm. Probably. This is a combination of me missing my cue at least once, and one of the tracks I used for you being shifted slightly (sorry!). I can tweak those later, I think.
I listened to it at home again - it's Melian's lines. They are coming in slightly late. Your lines sound fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
More singers?! Then you don't want me to try and do a duet with myself as Celegorm and Curufin? :O And then interrupt myself as Thingol, come to think of it...
Well... A little split personality never hurt anyone...

But in all seriousness, what do you think about getting more people involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Youcan'ttellmewhattodo. Goodness, Sauron's Dirge is really quite creepy. I think I agree that we need a change of instrument for Finrod; woodwinds would work quite well, I think?
Progress Report. Sorry, not much to report, I only did one stanza so far. Maybe I am just trigger happy about my newfound techy recording skills.

I started out channeling Bat-Sauron, and even did his intro (which, btw, if you don't like can be easily changed to a non-V1 intro). But then shifted to Rock God. Then to some screaming-souls-in-the-dungeon Sauron. I think it works.

Only point of significance is that I shifted the ending a bit to make if "FEanor!" rather than "FeaNOR" (unless I am actually not pronouncing my Elvish correctly in English, in which case I will shift it back). The only consequence of this will be a more dramatic pause between that and Finrod's opening, which I think works well anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Well... if you're playing Finrod, the Prison Duet would be singable? I'm wary of doing anything with Cel'n'Cur, because if any other singers show up separating them is priority 1.
Alright, I got Amarie, and Prison Duet. Mind you, at the pace I am currently going, it will probably take me weeks to get through this. Therefore, whatever song you want done sooner will get prioritized from that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
No preferences! Are we doing Heart as a solo, or as a duet per the Russian Libretto? (Or do I get her to record the whole thing and see whether it works that way?)
Would my judgement be biased if my reasoning is based on wanting to hear you duet with Mrs. Hui? :P Logistically, they are both viable options. I am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
There's nothing preventing us doing Appendix C versions of the recordings as well. ^_^ Sauron shouldn't actually be a problem - I can use Audacity to just drop my voice an octave.

You can do that? o.o

Well, of course you can do that. I know people do it all the time on Youtube. It just never occurred to me that we could do it. (And not sound like Darth Vader).

In that case, would you be able to drop my voice an octave for CelNCur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Of course, before we do anything with Sauron, I need to decide how to draw him: Rock God, or Bat Crown? (The single-use Normal Crown and Bare Head versions from V1 can probably be skipped.)
For myself, my heart was forever conquered by V1's Fallen Angel appearance. I can see the appeal of Rock God as Sauron, but maybe not the face part of him. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(Finrod, meanwhile, is just going to be Blond V1 Finrod. That may have been obvious. ^_^)
You're the boss! ;-) To be honest, I think the perfect Finrod look would be taking Pierrot's costume (and mannerisms - I'm sorry, I still can't love Jareth), but do something about his hair. But as I said, you're the boss! Besides, you're just taking his face, right? So it makes sense to do a blond Finrod.