View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:29 PM   #235
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ok, finished a rough sketch. Figuring out the key change really helped. I am not sure about the fast notes in the refrain, but fortunately those can be sung and not played, so I might avoid making a mess of them.

The other thing throwing me off was that Amarie sings low, and this is quite a bit higher. But I am fairly confident that the melody doesn't really sit half an octave lower with the chords as written - I tried that and couldn't make it work out. On the flip side, if I go a full octave lower, it gets really low. I am not going to make the mistake I did with the previous songs, so I will pause for a pitch test. It would be easy for me to shift everything down now, before I begin the real thing, to match Amarie's pitch. Can you please ask Celebestel how far she would like the shift to go so that she is in a comfortable range? As in, this is "just right, no shift needed" or "a bit high" or "super high" or "singing an octave lower is just a bit low, shift up" or "make it match whatever Amarie has"? I know this is really vague... But what I can also do is make a bunch of copies and she can pick whichever range suits her best, and I will work with that one.