View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:40 PM   #214
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Updated!
Duet of Thingol and Melian, mediofinal version. With snazzed-up graphics, as promised.

Quote:
Heh, thanks. Who knew that my for-pleasure-and-enrichment-only keyboard lessons and a couple years of school band would actually come in handy years later?

Reflecting on the process, though, I feel like I spend a lot of time perfecting small details which aren't even heard very well with the singing over top. I keep forgetting that the singing is supposed to be the pinnacle of the piece, and what I hear on the instrumental is not the perfect and completed music, it's just supposed to be the background to the main thing. Maybe I should start doing things in broader strokes and rely more on the singing to get the subtleties across. Dunno. Will see.
I've been facing the same question on the graphics, specifically the backdrops. I'm sure I could draw a better Doriath, but... well, it's background, and the graphics are only there to give the song something to be over anyway.

Quote:
I like it! It flows very naturally. Would you like me to change the music to match? I think it sounds just fine as it is, but it's a quick change to make if you prefer them to synch up.
Well, I was singing to what felt right over the music, so probably best to leave it (lest I get really confused).

Quote:
My friend (the one cheering us on from the stands - and btw who volunteered to try some of the female parts as well. I should get her to pick a Tolkien nick so I can refer to her by name here...)
It's so nice to know someone else is listening. ^_^ Speaking of names, I finally got around to asking my wife which name I should use, and we're going with Celebestel. (Three female vocalists... gracious, that's practically a full cast!)

Quote:
It is my plan, however, to eventually get all of the songs done. Even if it takes me a year. (3 weeks max × 20 something songs... yeah...). Unless I actually get someone to help me out with the music.
We'll make it! And by 'we' I mean 'you'll sweat over the songs and I'll muck about in Paint Shop'. ^_~

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote