View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:04 PM   #211
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Well, I spent most of the evening doing it, but I do have a video of The Complete Duel at last.

This gift was given you to free you from your chains...

Unfortunately I think the visuals have a half-second slip in the middle section ; I shall fix it in the morning.

But! It's done! And it looks like I wanted it to and sounds even better!
That is fantastic! Sauron is really creepy in the end. It's brilliant. I love that Valinor disappears for good not with Sauron's pushing, but with Finrod's admission of guilt - or failure to maintain its presence. And then the light passing from one to the other as they snatch the music away from each other.

I showed the video to my neighbour, who I am trying to convince to read Tolkien. She really liked it, and said the graphic were really cool. Do you think it's possible to do subtitles? I think it's easier to follow that way for people who haven't learned the lyrics by heart yet. :P

I am so happy this piece is actually done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
For the next song... dare I suggest 'something with female vocals'? Galadriel's first song I know has a relatively simple structure, as does the Tonguelashing Aria. Or there's either of Amarie's, but Heart may be a bit too Finrod-existential for you if played as a duet. Probably avoid the Epilogue, since it does its best to be all the songs.
Galadriel and Melian are both very doable. And those songs have a male part in them as well, so we both would get to participate. If you don't have a preference between the two, I might just flip a coin.

In related news, I've been updating the first post with the important links for easy reference. It's been getting harder for me to find the right links in the thread, and it would be pretty much impossible for new people viewing the thread without digging through 6 pages of editing. I figured we need a table of contents of sorts.

EDIT: just noticed the portraits / credits at the end. I really like the costumes!!! They should absolutely be included!!!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-08-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote