View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #142
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Camp

-Trumpets: I am pretty sure that Tolkien has some trumpets as well, but I agree that horns are better. Will change in both instances.

-"How shall I stay / At Throne of Day"? If you think that works, I would be very happy to make it so. I was bummed to drop the Throne too.

-Witness mesmerized: I shift a syllable with the "mesmerized"; in Russian, "rized" would belong to the second half of the phrase. But I think it works musically, if you sing it.

-King/Sing: I like your version! Taking it.

-Duty that was not fulfilled: it's only "you" in the general sense - so really "one". Beren is not pointing fingers at Finrod here. He might say it broad enough to include Finrod, however, since the line can really be said by either of them. I think I had Beren say "I" in the end, but can change it to "one". I think I will change it.

- Treachery: yes, that's where a literal translation gets you. :/ Taken.

-Burning: taken.

-Lights: ooh, that's what you think he's getting at! In that case, "these two lights" taken.

Are you making a video with new subtitles?