View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 10:53 PM   #597
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, so, I mentioned a couple days ago (for the latecomers, it was #265 in this thread) how Boro was interacting with G55 on day 1.

Okay, maybe I wasn't completely explicit about that because of an annoying insect buzzing in my ear at the time, but yeah. First Boro talks some nonsense prominently featuring the words "in-character" and "unconscious" and "nightmares" (translation: "hey, I'm not the seer but I play one on TV"?) and then mentions waiting for someone to cough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I'm surprised no one's coughed yet? I was waiting for the first person to cough. Not that coughing is a sure sign, if I cough it's my seasonal allergies. I will take an oath if I do cough, I will make sure I'm all clear and cough into my elbow. I was hoping someone would cough right out into the open, but that was too optimistic.
So yeah, you could, if you were a cobbler, read that as "wolftower calling major cobbler". And G55 responded with a fit of very conspicuous coughing.

(Seriously, I an never going to skim over Day 1 banter again)

Then she asks him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler55
Should we test you for viral encephalopathy?
and he replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I might need such a test. Whether we're aware, or in the unconscious, we all remain in-character. Agreed? And what do you glean from my in-character? Am I aware I'm doing it or is it in the unconscious? Leave that thought there for a moment.
Later, he mentions that cobblers are most useful when they sacrifice themselves and G55 instantly starts attacking me in a very attention-grabbing way. So, whatever he actually is, she certainly seemed convinced.

When I read all this a few days ago I interpreted it as a good Boro reeling in the cobbler but you can also read it straightforwardly, as a wolf making contact with a cobbler. And also note that Boro acted disappointed by the QT vote on day 2 ("not what I expected or hoped to see") which makes no sense whatsoever from an innocent Boro.

Not saying I'm convinced he's a wolf, but given the points in my last post I can see how he could be. Also, Eönwë's comment toDay about people who questioned Boro's seerishness getting night killed ... it was a good point. It also felt (like a lot of what Eönwë says, actually) like wolf-logic. I mean, yes, yes, you have to think like a wolf to catch wolves, I know, Mac, but thinking like a wolf is easiest and most natural to, you know, wolves, and a wolf-Eönwë sacrificing Boro as planned could very well point out (a select portion of) actual wolf strategy in the process.

{could even be a sample of genuine wolf strategy without a Boro wolf - if they knew Boro was not the seer because he was blatantly wrong about something. they could still have tried to pick up on seer reactions to him)

Now, voting for either Boro or Eönwë toDay feels way too risky to me at this point. Eönwë was also the counter-wagon to Lhuna, and if anyone is acting like a seer who dreamed wolf-Boro toDay, it would be him. One or both is a wolf, one or both could be the seer, either could be on the chopping block toDay and I don't like it.

Let's vote for Kath. Inzil's revenge!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote