View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #1939
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, haven't thought about bunkbeds. My first general idea was having some really simple straw beds there, and of course some addittional space to put their stuff. Of course, bunkbeds would give some better solution to that problem, though still, as Foley says, not enough for giving everybody place to sleep. Bunkbeds... as for whether they would exist in Rohan, I wonder. Perhaps somebody more educated on that matter (of beds ) would help us? But my impression was anyway that simple soldiers would be closest to just lying on the floor on something simple (and especially in this half-built place), rather than having "beds" in the sense we understand it nowadays.

Anyway, I guess for the purposes of my posting now, it is sufficient to have the basic idea which we have now... I'll make Hilderinc see the guardroom inside the main building and evaluate it in a very vague manner, but I think we should solve this stuff for later, and the sooner, the better, so I'm also looking forward to other people's comments... (Nog? ...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories