View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #85
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
White Tree

I'm glad you got it off your chest, Boro, and I'm really sorry that people were hurt.

Having said that...HAH! My instincts were right!

I always thought you were close to me in age, B. You struck me as the sort of person I'd have over for PS3 duels and beer.

*booty dance of victory ensues*

You know, I was 17, so precious and delicate and young, when I first joined here, and although I don't think I actively misrepresented myself, I talked a lot of rot. And a lot of said rot came from anxiety at being in a room with grown-ups, so to speak. So I really couldn't judge.

Now, my entire life is on the internet. I have even managed to somehow make a living off it for the last two years. Yet I can still recall those days when the internet was a mysterious, mystifying entity - and how it was and wasn't real.

The thing is, some of my closest friendships today started on the internet. Some of the brightest episodes in my life involved people I met here, or elsewhere. I can't help but be grateful. And this is why I particularly hope that things will be put right with folks for whom this came as a shock, those that are close to you.

"It never goes away, but it all works out."