View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #425
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Of course we will be looking for your return!" Eodwine smiled.

He was glad to see Linduial happy, for he had feared for her life and her wellbeing. Indeed, he had known that it was his own failing that had led to her falling into the hands of Sorn at all. Yes, Degas had shouldered the burden of guilt for his part in it, which, now that Eodwine had heard all the facts, was greatly without warrant; but Eodwine knew that he had not given serious thought to Linduial's safety until after she had been stolen from them. True enough, as Eodwine had said that first night after the abduction to Saeryn, the only one who bore true guilt was Sorn, for doing the deed. Nevertheless, he knew that he could have given better thought to Linduial's safety than he had.

"I am happy that you look so hale after all you have been through, Lady." He grew serious of face. "I have not in more than three weeks said what need be said, though. I am partly to blame for the harrowing that befell you. I should have taken more care than I did to see that you were safe. That you have been brought back to us with little harm - I will not say none for to have lived through such a thing must change one - that you suffered so little harm is a gift to us all. And so I ask of you, forgive me for how I failed you."