View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #29
monks
Animated Skeleton

monks is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
More evidence here...if you've read my previous post above which explains the framework of Prediction #71 regarding Shelob being a manifestation of the Loathly Lady motif. I argue that the 7 stars of the Valacirca of the north are captured by the Enemy at the Downfall. Those 7 stars are the Remmirath in the east in Shelob's webs. The 7 stars are 7 female figures who guide the Free Peoples through the Histories. They and Shelob symbolize 'She That is Fallen' at the Downfall. Womankind. Hence 'She-lob'. The 7 stars are captured by the Enemy.
I state above that Aragorn principally, (and the Fellowship) are symbolized by The Hunter, Orion, Menelvagor. That Borgil is the Enemy and is Aldebaran. And that the Remmirath, the Pleiades are the 7 stars- one of which is Arwen, having been captured. Aragorn must rescue Arwen and restore Womankind from that fall. The Loathly Lady theme. Hence the predictions mentioned in the previous post- a few of the 29 to date on this subject -all surrounding the imagery in 'Wickedness'. I have a predictive model. Because? Tolkien's system is predictable, being based on THE TURN.

See image here of Orion, Aldebaran and the Pleides.

The Enemy (Aldebaran) stands between Aragorn (Orion) and the 7 stars -Arwen (Pleiades). Aldebaran is the red eye of the bull, in the constellation of Taurus- the same bull that appears in the hidden images of the West Gate as previously posted on here. And in that the bull also stands between the Man and the Woman. As previously stated. I also said that in the Loathly Lady 'battle of the sexes', the crescent Moon symbolizes the Enemy in the male (Melkor's discords which are manifest in the male: aka evil, the will), the Moon (Sun =female, Moon = male). The Male seeks to imprison and oppress the female.

I just came across this by chance:

But autumn was waning fast; slowly the golden light faded to pale silver, and the lingering leaves fell from the naked trees. A wind began to blow chill from the Misty Mountains to the east. The Hunter's Moon waxed round in the night sky, and put to flight all the lesser stars. But low in the South one star shone red. Every night, as the Moon waned again, it shone brighter and brighter. Frodo could see it from his window, deep in the heavens burning like a watchful eye that glared above the trees on the brink of the valley. [Book II, The Ring Goes South]

The lone star is Aldebaran, the Enemy. Obviously. The Huntsman's moon "put to flight all the lesser stars". Right there is the hunt theme involving the celestial bodies. The idea of the moon chasing the stars is exactly what I've stated regarding the Crescent Moon and the notion that they might be captured. And of course you see it in the pursuit of the Sun by the Moon in the description at the creation of the Sun and Moon as well. The phases of the Moon and its seasonal characteristics are used by Tolkien. That's why it was so important for him to integrate the phases of the Moon into the LoTR. Whaaaaa...? You think he just felt like going to all of that trouble because_he_liked_the_moon? lolz. Bless you child. See my previous post for his incorporation of the battle between the celestial bodies from his earliest legendarium. That's why the crescent moons appear on either side of the West Gate in his early drafts and in the coiling arms on the columns.

For more specific evidence, -LOTS more folks- see my previous post.

Ready when you are peeps.

monks

Last edited by monks; 08-18-2020 at 05:17 AM.
monks is offline   Reply With Quote