View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #11
monks
Animated Skeleton

monks is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
So, you know that's way too long to respond to, right?

Please also be aware that the last person we had on here who quoted Priya Seth was exclusively focussed on her theories; he would show up, start a thread on whatever her most recent post was, defend every aspect of that post uncritically and at extreme length against anyone who disagreed, and never posted outside those threads. While you're posting about your own theories rather than hers, you're otherwise acting very similarly. Come join in some of the other threads! Are you excited about the new book? What do you think about Mithrellas? Or look outside of Books - are you going to watch the Amazon series? Do you want to play Password or Werewolf? People are much more likely to engage with you if you engage with the community.

hS
The Book yeh. :-) I read that Tolkien wrote things relating to the phases of the Moon. But I don't think, as far I'm aware, it's been published or released. That info could prove very useful in understanding why it was so important for him in the Lord of the Rings. I have the beginning of a theory and the fact that he did write about the phases encourages me to think that his inclusion of the Moon in TLotR does have the significance I think it does. (I discovered that he had written about the phases after I started to develop my theory). The Moon relates to Aragorn and it also relates to the Battle of the Sexes, the squaring of the circle. Square = male (Moon). Circle = female (Sun). In essence it relates to the Loathly Lady theme.

But, anyway, it will be awesome to see all of the new info. Really looking forward to it.

monks
monks is offline   Reply With Quote