View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #226
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Romenna looked with concern at the woman across from her at the table. Iris shuddered violently and closed her eyes, attempting to keep from crying. She looked up at Romenna, "Why do you want to help me?" She ask.

"Why do I want to help her?" Romenna ask herself. "Who died and left me in charge of the well being of all others? It's not my responsibility help this woman, it's really not even any of my business if she needs help or not. Who am I to think I can help?" She glanced back at Iris. Iris rested her head in her hand, looking down at the table surface. "What if no one had been there for me? What if the people who aided me had listened to their doubts, and left me on my own?"

Romenna’s expression firmed as she made up her mind. She reached forward and took Iris's hand in her own and said to her, "I want to help you because somebody once helped me when I needed it. But mostly I want to help you because nobody was there to help me when I needed it most. Does that make any sense?" Iris nodded slightly as she wiped away a small tear in her eye. "I don't know this blind girl of yours, I don't even know if that's why you're upset. I do know about anger. If you're angry, it doesn’t matter if it's justified or not, it's enough that you're angry, therefore something has to be done. You'll find a solution to your problem whether you accept my aid or not, but now that I've offered it, there's no good reason that you should turn it down."

Iris looked up at Romenna, "And just what is this aid you're offering?" She ask dryly.

Romenna thought for a moment as to just exactly what kind of aid she did intend to give. "A second pair of eyes, my lady, will see the danger that the first pair did not. I will suggest that we first order a meal, everyone thinks better after they've eaten. If you still trust me after supper, then we'll talk. How does that sound?"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:36 AM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Pyroclastic ]