View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 05:41 PM   #221
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird looked around the room a bit more, and noticed a small Hobbit, fidgeting somewhat. The Hobbit got up from the stool he was on, and then walked around the floor for a bit, with no apparent aim, and then went over to a chair that was sitting by itself near the door. What an odd little fellow, Gird thought to himself. He then watched as the hobbit picked up the chair and moved it to a nearby table, and once more sat on it. Yes.. very odd indeed.

Gird, feeling sociable this evening decided to see what the hobbit was doing. Gird got up, and walked to the table where the hobbit was, and pulled out a chair. And then he kept pulling it out, untill it was ten feet from the table. He then sat down. Then, he got up, and pushed the chair in, all the way, under the table. Gird looked at the chir realizing that it was too far in to sit down on, so he pulled it out three feet and sat down. He sat for a second as if thinking, and then scooched his chair forwards a few inches, just so he was perfectly comfortable.

Then, remembering why he came over here, turned to look the hobbit and saw nothing. He then looked the other way, and again saw noone. Oh dear, my clever antics have hurt the poor guy. He looked down to the table to think, and there he saw the hobbit, who had been sitting there the whole time wondering what on Earth Gird was doing. "Oh!" exclaimed Gird, "hullo. How are you doing my fine hobbit?"

What a fool am I.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:56 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Gird ]

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk