View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 04:14 PM   #219
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eruisto

The Inn was comfortably warm after the slight chill outside, and Eruisto felt his body warm degree by degree. There was a low hum that seemed to reverberate inside him, a sweet home-like sound. He pulled up a chair for Melisil, and went around to take the chair across when he was smacked in the shoulder by a young woman running across the common room, clutching her divided green skirt, her braided red hair streaming out behind her. He stared after her for a moment, shrugged to Melisil when she looked at him quizzically, and sat down.

"I guess in an Inn this popular, you get some odd characters," he said dismissively, but took one last look over his shoulder at the girl before turning back to Melisil.

"You mentioned storytelling," he said. "Do they have it a lot around here? Do you tell stories?" His voice was studiously casual. He loved stories, and as much as he liked telling them himself, he liked hearing them better. He tried to keep a nonchalant demeanor, but it was all he could do not to fidget in his seat.

Young red-haired woman

Running at full speed across the Inn, she noticed but didn't let it stop her when she ran into a man who looked indignantly at her. She hiked up her divided skirts and hoped that her thick, rope-like braids didn't hit anybody as she sprinted past.

A big smile spread across her face, seeming to illuminate her light freckles spread across her cheeks, pale from her red-head complexion. Her dark green eyes sparkled and with a cry of "Erulon!" she threw herself into the arms of one of the newcomers.

Her momentum caused her victim to swing her around a few times, and she laughed hysterically. "I missed you so much," Talmérië, better known as Rie, said, still laughing. She jumped down, and, putting her hands on her hips, looked him up and down appraisingly.

"You look good," she decided. "A little worse for wear, but that'll clear right up. Come on, let's get some ale. Tell me where you've been!"