View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 06:17 PM   #29
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

"You are quite right Khelek," Mithadan said as he shuffled over to take a seat at one of the Galley's tables. He gratefully accepted a plate of fruit and, to Khelek's astonishment, some smoked fish. He ate ravenously and in silence. When he was finished, he looked up and asked, "Where are the others?"

"I have not seen Piosenniel", he replied with a knowing smile. "Nor Veritas. But Cami, Kali and Bird departed this morning in their attempt to rescue the Hobbrim."

Mithadan froze for a moment. Then he stood and moved towards the door. "Khelek," he said. "Help me up the gangway. I must speak with Angara."

The two made their way slowly to the main deck. Grasping the rail, he walked carefully to the bow of the Lonely Star. There, on a coil of rope, lay Angara, lounging in the sun. The dragon looked at Mithadan in amusement as he approached. "What may I do for you,mighty warrior?" she asked, her tone dripping with scorn.

"When did the they leave, Cami and the others?" he asked.

"Perhaps an hour ago," replied the wyrm as she examined one of her claws.

"Do you know where they went?" said Mithadan.

"If I knew, I surely would not tell you," hissed Angara.

Khelek stepped back in shock, but Mithadan moved closer. "I know where they went," he said quietly. "I asked if you knew where they went. Do you understand the difference wyrm?"

Angara hissed and began to rise. Even as she began to move, Mithadan stepped forward until he could nearly touch her. "You will listen to me now Angara!" he shouted. "Follow them. Make sure they come to no harm. Remain unseen but nearby. If they find trouble, help them if need be. But none who see them or you may live. Do you understand me dragon?"

Angara's golden eyes met Mithadan's. For a moment, neither wavered. Then the dragon stirred and nodded its assent. As it lifted from the deck, the Man heard a voice in his head. "We will have words later Man!" He watched the dragon fly off to the North. "No. You are wrong. We will not have words about this. And by the end of the day you will see that I am right. You may yet live to understand me Angara. Your concern about Piosenniel is noted but you will obey me concerning our task!"