View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 11:28 AM   #12
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

::enters quietly and takes a seat in the back of the LOTR Memorabilia Anonymous meeting . . . stands up, knees slightly shaky when called on and says . . . Hello, my name is Piosenniel and I am an LOTRMemaholic . . .::

Before the movie came out, I was wandering about Barnes and Noble Bookstore and happened on their FOTR display. It drew me in like a sideshow barker and I was hooked! Bought all the bookmarks with the rings attached, 2 books on the making of the movie with plenty of 8X10 glossies, a set of the movie-cover paperbacks which I promptly sat down and reread, and the first four books of HoME, which I had no idea had been written.

I was like a kid in a candy store once the movie actually arrived - I discovered Ebay and the power of a Master Card with a large limit. (Picture gollum here and his obsession with the Ring). Now in my possesion from there are a signed pic of Boromir regarding the Ring, an original signing by Sean Bean on the cover of an FOTR script, the trade ad from Variety promoting the movie for consideration for academy awards and featuring the kiss of Aragorn to Boromir scene, and, oh yes, a very nice china cup from England featuring Boromir. (Yes, I confess I like the character of Boromir and Sean Bean.)

My most recent find was quite by accident as I was window shopping at a small curio shop. I had looked at a number of pewter miniatures of the characters, but was not really drawn to them, when I happened to glance at the fantasy display of miniature dragons. It was a miniature of a scene which sparked my memory - a fell rider with an unadorned crown rode on the back of a great winged beast, which was perched in triumph on the body of a fallen rider and his horse. Facing him were two brave souls - one a small barefooted fellow brandishing a small blade and the other a woman in a warrior's garb, her blade drawn. On the small field in front of the beasts foot was a small shield with a horse head on it. It's now sitting right here by my computer.

Now, that is all I'm going to confess to for the moment. Suffice it to say I have a very lucrative job and the kid is out of the house!!