View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 09:17 AM   #435
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child and Rose were laughing and fidgeting with the buttons on each other's dresses. Child said she had never owned a dress with this many buttons before. She told Rose it was a good thing that she didn't have to dress like this every day, or she'd never get out of her room until mid-day, and would certainly miss breakfast every morning.

The young Rose was so excited that she could scarcely sit down for more than thirty seconds. Child gave her a hug and ordered her to concentrate on straightening her petticoats and taming her wild curls under a ribbon.

"Now, I am giving you orders, Miss Rose," Child admonished. "You must remember everything about tonight and keep it in your head to help you through those days when things seem a bit sad. I want you to remember every precious minute--how beautful the Lady Idril looks with her silken dresses and jewels gleeming like the light of the West, how Pio's mother beams with happiness and pride, and, Rose, remember me too, how silly I am and how much I love you."

Rose chattered away, "Do you think I can bring Bird. She can sit on my arm and nod solemnly at all the guests."

Child laughed, "I don't see why not, as long as Bird wants to come and minds her manners. Knowing Bird, however, the last may be a bit beyond her!"

For Rose, there was no tomorrow, no Morgoth and no sad ending. Child was very happy for her. The two hobbits ran down to the courtyard together, coming in just in time to see Piosenniel heading in their direction to bring them before the King.

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]