Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 07:45 AM   #214
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Elwen, or that mad elf maid (that's my friends) My little elven maid(that's my dad)or just plain margaret, maggie, marge or anything else!(that's if anyone play attention to me which they don't!!
Occupation: student (damn GCSE's, what happen to elvish that's important too!)
Future Aspirations: To be able to speak elvish, to go to oxford, Exeter collage(that's where tolkien worked and my dad went)
Goal in life: To find MY Legolas and be remembered for something! To join the Tolkien Society And when I die to have people sing elvish around my mound(i don't want a grave), probably Namarie or the story of my life!
Short term goals: To go to Oxonmoot and meet people that understand me!
Passion: LOTR especially Elves, and Textiles - the best lesson for making LOTR dresses and reading LOTR stating that its research!
Hobbies: Swimming, learning elvish, reading, Duke of Edinburgh, learning tree names, stars, the barrowdowns(that's a big one) and archery
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):Umm..being abit mad, hence the name and being the only LOTR fan in school. Having wierd thoughts 24/7! Like making up little worlds on top of rugby goal posts. Being able to eat constantly and still stay elven slim, it's being happy and mad that keeps you silm!(my friends hate me)
Fave book: The Silmarillion, and my Tolkien encyclopedia
Fave movie: LOTR - all of them especially the cartoon(that's too funny)
Fave sport: swimming, Archery
Fave store: Huh - Ummm...Books etc in Wimbledon!
Fave music: whatever happens to be on the radio. Thinks that confuse everyone else, like elven songs, my parents don't get that!
What you can't stand:People that say LOTR is a boys book,excuse me there are woman in the book who play vital roles! the stupid teen mags that have reviews on LOTR and have told the readers its boring but see it cause the guys are fit(can they be any more shallow, giving us teens a bad image!)People that say the only woman in LOTR are Galadriel, Eowyn and Arwen, whats wrong with Goldberry, and other elves that aren't given names, Rosie, and other hobbit women!
What you plain dislike: stupid can't act HP kids! People that stand in the middle of a shop and won't move or who walk everywhere really slowly.
Who you admire:Tolkien, do they have to be real - many elves in the silm like Luthien Tinuviel and other imaginary people that I hang around with! Myself can I say that, OHH and everyone on the BD cause they're always so helpful and nice!
What you most love to do: sit in my room, soundtrack blasting, surrounded with elven dictionaries and play with my LOTR figures while reading HoME. OR walking through woods and telling everyone I can find all the different names. waving at cars when I'm lost on Duke of edinburgh!
Your self-confessed flaws: I scare just about everyone I know, I throw myself into things to quickly and get really cross when no one else does. I seem to have lost the ability to care about school work(which scares me)
What intrigues/fascinates you: People, the way they are. Elves and my friends (who are totally backwards)
What scares you: Myself, Cars (horses are much better) people who judge things at the drop of a hat!
Quotation to live by: "Find your own drum set, drummers with a purpose are hard to come by and often lead in circles!" Not really a quote more just being me, I don't follow anyone so can't have a quote!
Additional comments: umm I don't really know what to write here! I have a saying with my friends that if I'm not scaring them I'm probably boring them! I hope I've done neither here! And of course Merin se haryalle alasse or in english, I wish you happiness

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: arelendil ]