View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 03:57 AM   #5
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Goodness, is it April 1st already?

There are snippets in there that sound plausible (I can see "Sauron shows up disguised as Celeborn" as a plotline), but most of it is just way too out there. The idea of an entire episode in the Timeless Halls is ridiculous (note that Good Omens only set a single scene there, because swirling galaxies and no floor don't make a good set however funny your actors are), and the "omigosh they're all NAKED" part is just an attempt to re-ignite the same outrage that occurred when some grubby elves in rags in a prison camp got rumour-milled into "the origin of orcs and they're all NAKED".

Similarly, "a full episode" about horses is too silly to believe. Will Meteor Man meet a horse somewhere? Maybe! Will TRoP abandon all its other tangled plotlines to devote an entire episode to what kind of sugarlumps it likes and "I think I shall call him... Fadowshax"? Nope!

Though I admit the idea of Tom Bombadil in a massive iron crown and Ungoliant in a fancy dress amuses me immensely. "Tom had an errand there / Conquering the Northlands / Now dancing home again / To his pretty spi-i-der..."

hS