View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #994
blantyr
Wight

blantyr is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ah, well. Maltheniel originally got green eyes as this was suggested by the Ambar Qenta role playing rules. Blue and green were supposed to be the most common colors among the Silvan. I asked the author of the rules where he got this from, and he replied the Middle Earth Role Playing (MERPs) variation of GURPs. Obviously, not canon. A token attempt to find a canon reference failed. I've no idea where MERPs got it from. Anyway, while she's visiting here, her eyes can be 'dark.'

Her unusual coloring does effect her personality. She is unusual enough among the Lindon elves that she became a bit of an outsider and rebel. This is deliberate. I wanted a few things in her background that justified a female elf mingling with other races.

Ironically, I originally put her birthplace in the Tower Hills as I wanted her personality influenced somewhat by hobbit culture. I proposed that she occasionally wandered into Westfarthing, and sang in various inns there. Alas, it was not to be. The game master forbade it. Elves in Shire inns are not canon.

Anyway, she's been in play with green eyes since late 2008, but I have no trouble tweaking it while she's in this realm.