View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 06:41 PM   #21
turgon
Haunting Spirit

turgon has just left Hobbiton.
I still think those who followed the Sil would be trampled like grass. My reasoning is from the thought that all who "followed" the recieved text of the Sil would by nature of their belief shun technology. Morgoth, Saruman, Sauron would be the banners waved above encroaching armies who would have a rabid lust for technology. " A mind of metal and gears."
The conquests would be both swift and brutal in that . The percieved, "Captains of the West" would be deliberating over the evils of the machinations of the invaders. ( For example the first tank or the first airplane. )
And while they would be deliberating over the hurts caused to middle earth over the creation and production of these machines;said machines would still be rolling across the landscape.
Asking the valar for guidance and none would come. Yet the rape and pillage of the world would grow under the banner of morgoth.