View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #340
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansun
Since when did I speak for everyone???
You used we. It was a bad choice of words.

Quote:
Oh dear ......... all you have done with the above rabble is just that & for that you are out of order.
I spoke for myself, not anyone else. All I did was provide information from the books and make a few comments. You don't have to agree with them.

Quote:
A lot of this subject is down to sheer opinion, & no proof can be clearly put to one point precisely above another in some cases - that is why I said we must agree to disagree, & accept the fact that it is mainly down to one's OWN interpretation. Some will see the WK as being more formiddable, others less so.
Like I said, your was worded poorly. In the end, it does come down to people seeing the battle as one-sided or even.

Anyway, from what I summed up after reading the book, that confrontation seems to be between equals, and Gandalf showed that he was uneasy regarding the possible battle. Though the battle could have gone either way with (apparent) equal strength, it was in no way a one-sided conflict.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains

Last edited by The 1,000 Reader; 02-28-2007 at 03:35 PM.
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote