View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #62
Ibrīnišilpathānezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah,"cerulean orbs." Since I have seen fanfic writers use the term "orbs" to describe two very different parts of human anatomy (one specifically male), and on occasion in the same story, I really think they ought to settle on one or the other, else the reader think some poor character is freezing to death...

This reminds me of a tale I once heard of Anne McCaffrey's early years as a writer, in which her editor told her that there was a very fine word in the English language, "said," and she might consider using it more often.

And for the drinking game, would someone please rate this "summary" tidbit I just happened upon? For me, it's too ghastly to even think of reaching for the bottle (much less attempting to read the story):

Quote:
A new member to the Fellowship. A mysterious elf, a sorceress, youngest daughter of Elrond and rider of the horse of Sauron. Leoglas and Kyra based. I decided Legolas should get a girl.
And no, I did not misspell Legolas. The author did. Sigh. And please don't ask me who Kyra is. I shudder to think, and really have no desire to know.