View Single Post
Old 04-12-2002, 02:37 PM   #27
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yikes! A hard question and choice. Now, first instinct would tell most, if not all, of us to choose ME. However, God (or Eru, if you want to get Tolkien-ish) placed us here on this Earth for a reason - to be a friend to someone, to teach lessons to others, to be a mother, daughter, sister (or father, son, brother), to be an in-law, a niece, and have other relationships that I just can't think of right now. If one was to go, that would mean losing or not fulfilling his/her purpose on this Earth and in this life, even if he/she hates the materialism, cloning, bad ethics and morale in the world. If he/she stays in this world, he/she might have a chance to change the things he/she hates about the world. If one chose ME, though, then the bad things of the world would simply get worse and worse, and he/she missed the chance to change them. I know that one wouldn't ever have to go back to Earth, and stay in Middle Earth until one dies. But the chance that slipped from you to change the world of your past when you entered Middle Earth will probably haunt you. I know that you'd regret it deeply if you didn't enter ME, but think of what purpose could you have there. You were not made for Middle Earth, you were made for this world and this life. Being in Middle Earth would be like being an extra, sudden addition to it, unexpected and un-needed. Of course most people here would WANT to go to ME...but are they needed there? I think not.

I would deeply regret missing the chance to never go to Middle Earth, to see the land of my dreams and fantasies, but deep down, behind all the regret, I would know that I made the right decision and feel glad, for I was made for this world and this life, not for Middle Earth, not to change the context of its history, and not to change its future.
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote