Thread: Re-release?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I'd be all for re-release. I dunno if I'm patient enough to wait for the epic butt-numb-a-thon that Thenamir describes...That requires the two Hobbit films, and that's not looking possible until 2010, or most likely later.

I missed Trilogy Tuesday back in '03. I was 15 and it was a school day/night. My parents let me see ROTK on opening day, and even that took a lot of persuading. There was no way they were going to let me spend 9+ hours of my day in a movie theater, particularly since I likely would have had to leave school early (and would have had to stay out until the wee hours of the morning) in order to do so. Now that I'm in college, more of my afternoons are free, and I can decide on my own if something is worth being tired through class the next day.

I think that movie theaters (and New Line) would make quite a bit of money if they brought the trilogy marathon back to theaters. I know a LOT of people who would be very excited if something like that were to happen...and if they did it during a lazy summer weekend, I think that they'd get quite a turnout.