View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #33
Sir Kohran
Wight

Sir Kohran has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
Whether Arwen could give away her boat ticket or not, in Tolkien's world, in PJ's world it seems that she can. However, I can see where it could be confusing, as, at the Fords, Warrior Princess Arwen seems to be giving away her mortality ("grace") to Frodo.

Later, when he's recovered and on his way to more fun adventures, she decides to 'take it back' as she goes along with the other elves in their slow walk to the Havens. Then, after having a vision of children to come, she yet again turns her back on the West and so runs back to Elrond (and Aragorn eventually), leaving her place in the West 'available.' isn't it said, never ask an elf for directions?

What an appropriate time to be discussing Frodo sitting in the AmanAir terminal on standby...
I never really got the impression that she was giving her place on the ship to Frodo when he collapsed at the Ford, but that she was just simply wishing for the good fortune (grace) to help Frodo survive too, as it had helped her.