View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #116
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting The Plan

In case you haven't figured it out, this is not a quest-and-battle RPG. There are two phases to it: (1) Fact-finding mission gone wrong and (2) Escape to Rivendell. Envinyatar and I have been working on an outline for the action. So far, here is what we've got:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Ranger and 2 Elves commissioned by the King – DONE

2. Joined by a man in Rohan – DONE

3. Information gathered from 2 Elves at Tharbad – DONE

4. Information gathered from 2 Rangers who have been patrolling the Breeland area – DONE

5. Information from the Breelanders. We will make a general announcement in the Inn the next day saying we’re interested in any stories people might have to tell of the ‘happenings’ around Bree and its outlying communities. These “happenings” could include anything from the unexplained to murder: lost livestock, travelers who say they’ve ‘been followed,’ etc.

6. The company breaks into smaller scouting groups to check out the stories. Veryadan has added these stories to his map, and the companions start to see that the attacks are beginning to happen in the outlying communities to the NORTHEAST of Bree now – the unknown perpetrators have moved their focus.

7. One group will be led by Fen to the Whittleworth farm. All the groups will rendezvous on Weathertop in 2 days to compare notes. The first group to arrive will be set upon by orcs.

8. The attack; a battle is fought; three companions are wounded – one severely.

9. The company is saved by the arrival of the other scouting groups.

10. The Orcs and trolls cut off the escape back to Bree and the company must flee toward Rivendell.

* The escape to Rivendell is still in the planning stages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please use this as a guide as you write your posts. Please do NOT add any extra "plot twists" without consulting with me and/or Envinyatar. And remember, the baddies are doing their own plotting behind the scenes.

Carry on!

Nuranar