View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 07:24 PM   #105
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
All right, I've just posted. First, a couple continuity things I noticed as I was skimming around the thread:

Saurreg: When the travelers enter the Prancing Pony, there are four Elves and two men: Veryadan and Osric Falkur, of Rohan. (That is Alaksoron's character.)

rutslegolas: Esgallhugwen's first post says that she and her companion arrived at Tharbad on horseback. If you could just modify yours to include that, you won't need to worry about finding good riding horses (as opposed to farm horses ) at a roadside inn.

In my post I moved the action forward a little bit, "getting down to business." In doing so I had to use just about everyone's character, particularly Thoronmir, Meneltarmacil. (It was either use characters or put on a two-man show starring only Tarondo and Luinien.) If any of you have a problem with how I've portrayed your character, please let me know, either here or by PM. This is a standing request that goes for any post I make. They are your characters, not mine, and although sometimes I'll need to use them, I want to keep them as you've created them.

As I wrote this I had to come up with "the plan" that our, um, for lack of a better word, allies have for now:

1. All that the King's messengers knew when they arrived at Tharbad was the rumors of violence that had filtered down to Gondor.

2. At Tharbad they learned a little more from Aidwain and Silrûth. Now they're getting the most recent information from Thoronmir and Menecar.

3. The next steps are essentially police work: They study the incidents, gather information from witnesses, and try to find patterns. Specifically, as the game develops over the next week they need to get clues that indicate trolls are the villains. Plus they need to discover what general area the malefactors are operating in.

4. The "allies" begin scouting around for themselves, hoping to track the trolls and find out the truth. Their goal is to discover for certain who is the problem, and then to handle it themselves if possible, and if not to alert the King and have him take care of it.

It's in these scouting expeditions that I anticipate the allies will run into their own problems. (Where's the evil smiley when you need it?!)

Meneltarmacil, I appreciate the thought you and Dragon Elf have put into this. Let me talk to Envinyatar about it, ok? Also, since you're obviously in communication with Dragon Elf, please tell him to check his PM's immediately. I sent him an important one on Tuesday, and he still hasn't seen it.

Good work, everyone! Carry on,

Nuranar