View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 05:04 PM   #157
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lindir turned to respond to Orėmir but no words issued from his mouth. Instead, a thick shadowy veil swiftly descended over his eyes; only this time the curtain seemed as black as night. The Elf's face went slightly green, then pale and ashen, as he struggled to loose his mind from the darkness that threatened to engulf him. The black tunnel reappeared and a single hand reached out threatening to push him down the corridor towards a distant door. Minute by minute, the doorway loomed closer.

"Orėmir, help me!" the injured Elf pleaded. Not now, Elbereth, when I have sworn to remain here and undo the evil I have fashioned. There is too much to do. Clinging desperately to his companion's sleeve, Lindir had slipped into Osanwė, since he was no longer able to speak words that the outside world could distinguish. Lindir felt his grip loosen as he was tugged ever closer to the great locked door. Reaching out with his hand as if to push the door away, the Elf saw in horror as the key within the lock slowly began to turn. There was a moment of blackness and then Lindir knew no more....

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-23-2005 at 07:27 PM.