View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #153
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lómwë shook his head. “I did not know him either, and if I had heard of him, it would only have been in passing. I spent little time in Himring.” He set his packed up belongings near Endamir’s, intending to leave all save his sword and bow. “Yet, if what Malris told us last night was true, this Diviner was not particularly well respected in the city, to say the least… perhaps, then, he would have spent more of his time near Maedhros’ dwelling? But it is a guess at best; luck may be the key to this as Malris seems to be the only one ever to have heard of him.”

When neither Orëmir nor Lindir offered any new information, Lómwë indicated the door. “Shall we go, then?” Endamir nodded, and together they pushed open the door and headed out into the courtyard. Lómwë raised his eyebrows at the sight that immediately greeted him: that of Malris and Tasa standing together watching the rising sun. It was only a moment before the pair realized their presence, but the moment was long enough for Lómwë to briefly wonder at the curious relationship between the two – old friends, yet as if not a moment had gone by since last they had met.

“Ah, so you are up,” said Malris after a moment.

“Yes, and we thought you had already left to search for this Diviner,” answered Lómwë, “so we were about to begin looking as well. Orëmir is staying inside with Lindir. But since you are still here… do you know how we’re supposed to go about this search? Is there a better strategy than ‘getting lucky’?”