View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #138
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
‘Does anyone remember this . . . Diviner? I must say I don’t. Will he be favorable toward us . . .?’
Tasa thought for a moment, chewing mechanically on the dried meat.

"I do not." she spoke at last. "But then, I was rarely in residence here. More oft, I was on the road, or asleep under the stars."

She thought back to a cold night many thousand years before. The wind had blown devilishly through the valley that her fighters had set camp in, but the sky was clear. Though they could have had peace under the trees, they had chosen rather to enjoy the song of starlight as it's unintelligible melody waited patiently for a listener. The scent of autumn had filled the air as her men lay relaxed upon the grass, basking in the faint light of the midnight hours. She had sat alone, thinking. The next day would be the day her forces joined those of Malris. They would combine troops and roust the orcs who had gained hld of the pass some leagues north. It would be an easy victory.

She pushed the memories from her thoughts. They had won, yes, but it had come at too high a cost. Many of her fighters had perished. She could only hope that their spirits had found their way to Mandos... whether they would blame her yet for their passing, she could not know. She did not wish to learn.

Suddenly she turned, staring blindly through the door and into the night.

"Is there someone there?" she demanded.