Old 06-13-2002, 03:02 PM   #21
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
Sting

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'Don't meddle in the affairs of wizards,' he said in lofty tones, "for they are subtle and quick to anger.' A fellow sorcerer said that. Good at his job, knew alot about jewelry. Not bad at fireworks, either. Wasn't the snappy dresser Merlin was, though. Let's see, whats his name? Raist--no, that was the irritating young chap, kept hacking and spitting up blood all the time. Disgusting. The other's name was Gand-something or other..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zifnag, I remember that, but I'm not sure from what
It's from Deathgate #2, Elven Star. By a char named (surprise!) Zifnab.

I've recently changed my sig, so I'll put both what it was and what it is now (so I don't have to write another entry here later [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

RIP, old sig
For, what with my whole world-wide wandering,
What with my search drawn out thro' years, my hope
Dwindled into a ghost not fit to cope
With that obstreperous joy success would bring,
I hardly tried now to rebuke the spring
My heart made, finding failure in its scope.
-From "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" by Robert Browning

"Well, what is the answer?" Bilbo said, "It's not a kettle boiling over, as you seem to think from the noise you are making"
-Bilbo to Gollum, during the riddle game

And, my current sig, which I think I'll keep for a while longer.
May those who love us, love us, and those who don't love use, may God tun their hearts, and if He cannot turn thei hearts, may He turn their ankles so that we may know them by their limping.
-Irish blessing

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, we must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."
-Abraham Lincoln

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]