View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #354
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Whole paragraphs would be so fun. Even though knowing it, people may be careful in advance and plan how they post so it can be used more easily later on. Which might lead to some rather funny structure of posts.
That could actually be a feature rather than just a quirk: you'd definitely get layers of people getting lynched or suspected for weird set-ups--and Wolves who would be able to backtrack bad posts with "sorry you all took that wrong--just wanted to lay some Ghost Post fodder."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I would be careful about any "messages" though... people coming back from the Dead has also been used before (although, there it was literally returning, for a Day, bringing info from the Dead, then "dying" again). I didn't particularly like it, it's again one of the things that smells like it isn't phantomproof. My rule no. 1 - if something looks prone to "phantom-ing" on first sight, I'm not using it (or I adjust it so it can't be easily exploited).

But I like the idea of Ghost, in essence. It would only require really thorough planning.
Definitely--like I said, I haven't thought it through other than to note that would be needed. And phantom-proofing is an especially ironic name, in context.