View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #351
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Exactly - gives the evil Dead the chance to actually affect the game! Also gives the Dead high stakes decisions to make.
Maybe. Interesting thought for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
You can only post quotes of yourself?

Not a bad twist. There'd probably have to be some rules, like "whole paragraphs only" (i.e. don't quote "the" then "village" then "are" then "idiots") and no italicising/bolding/underlining/etc allowed.
Whole paragraphs would be so fun. Even though knowing it, people may be careful in advance and plan how they post so it can be used more easily later on. Which might lead to some rather funny structure of posts.

I would be careful about any "messages" though... people coming back from the Dead has also been used before (although, there it was literally returning, for a Day, bringing info from the Dead, then "dying" again). I didn't particularly like it, it's again one of the things that smells like it isn't phantomproof. My rule no. 1 - if something looks prone to "phantom-ing" on first sight, I'm not using it (or I adjust it so it can't be easily exploited).

But I like the idea of Ghost, in essence. It would only require really thorough planning.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote