View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #337
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Stop with the "empower x" lists, please!!
Now absolutely honestly and disregarding the particularities of this game, of my role, and whether or not this helps anyone - I generally think "using the Dead Thread as channel for lists" is, for lack of better word, un-classy. As long as the Dead can use the Medium to speak their mind freely, that's good, but making the Dead Thread into an instrument, like a computer that just spits out a result after we feed it data, I generally don't like. I actually think that was the reason why Nog originally in his previous game decided not to go the empowering vote-route (because this has been done before, and more often), but to make the Dead vote straightaway. I mean, this is okay - nothing against it - and it can be used for various shenanigans by both parties (and I remember a game when the Living gave a list, then they changed it after the Dead already voted according to the previous list and the Dead would have strangled all the Living in their sleep if they could) - but I think Nog was onto something when he picked a different route.

I'm having an interesting idea - making the Dead disempower a person with their vote (making it count as zero). I mean, it would be perfect ventilation for frustration of the Dead players, could be used to communicate, etc. If I mod again, I'm gonna explore that possibility. (But if anyone wants... think about it. I think it's a nice idea. Maybe it has downsides. Likely it has. Haven't thought of them yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Right??? And why in the world is no one talking about who they're going to vote toDay???
Because that's what people do. To be fair, I think - and after reading this thread I felt reassured in that opinion - that the Dead perceive things differently than the Living. When you are Living, everything until about one hour before you have to vote feels like plenty of time. There's time for everything. Then yes, of course, suddenly you are in a hurry. But you didn't realise it before. There was time to discuss everything in the world from Gifteds and Cobblers and lists to Wolf manicure.

When you're in the DT, you're just waiting... and waiting... and waiting for the bloody Living to say something concrete, and they... just don't. Because time simply passes differently if you're already in the Beyond, seeing everything from the perspective of Eternity rather than living every moment and every post as if it could be your last! Ha! I'm onto some metaphysical revelations here, possibly.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote