View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #22
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I can't say I'm very happy about being forced to spend time with this group. Full of self-important types who couldn't begin to impart upon me knowledge of interesting things, such as Wargs - probably only keen to discuss how large a safe they need for their gold.
And silver and precious stones. . .yes, you must not forget that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
What a distasteful deed, truly! The mere thought of this lady's murder in the house of her own poor father is verily freezing my blood. In my lands, those who have done something like that would have been punished in the most severe way.

But I think there is no need to truly execute such a punishment, when it comes to that... that's our purpose now, I guess.

To start, I know some of you from before - some of you I have met in courts of faraway places, or even on battlefields, either by my side or even against me - but there are quite many of you whom I know very little or not at all. Namely, the one pirate, that strange Black Númenorean artist and the sorceress are ones I have not seen before. Well, I guess it does not matter that much now - at least, I might have a kind of "fresh" view of you, unbiased by any previous encounters. And even with the others, actually - it has been a long time since I have traveled to meetings like this, so let us hope that I will be able to use both my experience with you and the rested mind to determine where the hidden killers are.
Distasteful. . .perhaps. But look how neat the cut on her throat is, absolutely magnificent, clearly done by a craftsman.

Anyways you seem optimistic about your own skills to use experience and not be baised, if only I could be as optimistic about any of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Ahoy!

Hey Ho! Tally Ho!

Now just a moment there milady Kath! We don't know who you are and what you are up to, but you just think you can get away with this just stating you're a drifter to these shores and will be willing to take part in this toMorrow? ToMorrow? Why not toDay? Someone will die toDay but it should not be you, right? Well why should we not consider you with your landlubber-excuses which are just as good as nothing?

So stop the bilge no one believes in!

The tenderfoots should swallow the anchor, I say. Or if they do not realise it themselves we should keelhaul these people - or make them walk the plank - in the first instant!

Oh, you freshwater-pirates! You deserve a good flogging! Speak up and do not hide in the masses.

You know when someone has broken a rule on board and it gets public... then the captain comes and asks "who of you were the ones culpable?". What is it he faces? A wall of silence...

Those who are able to talk themselves out will get the mercy or the second chance but those who just hide behind the backs of their fellows will be punished the most severely. I do hope people here see the decency of the practise on board as we seem to be in a similar situation. A galley can't afford a traitor and neither do we.

So anyone not wishing to stand up for her or himself for good or try to help us out in earnest should kiss the gunner's daughter before the sun sets. That's only fair.

Handsomely now, men! No quarter!
The New Improved Nogrod: Same old tune, now with pirate sound!

EDIT: Cross posted with Nogrod

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 05-02-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: cross posting
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote