View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 03:18 PM   #10
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Just because PJ made a bunch of changes is no reason to blame Liv. I mean honestly people, we're acting like a bunch of prejudiced, uptight Puritans. So what if Liv appeared in a few nude or nearly-nude roles? More power to her! Would any of us have consented to take off our clothes in front of the camera? No. We wouldn't. Just because she is a strong, bold woman, who is comfortable with her sexuality, is no reason to go all Puritan on her. I thought we were past that stage where you were considered a slut for showing off your ankles! If you want to blame someone, blame PJ. Don't blame Liv, who didn't even agree with those changes. It's not as if she could do anything about them. She wasn't the director. She could have been booted off the film for arguing about her role. In fact, most of the time, actors and actresses clamor for greater roles, and here, Liv was actually trying to get a smaller one. I do believe that she is a woman of great integrity, even if some of her movie roles seem to be otherwise, and even so, since when did movie roles define a person's character? I really think we should stop harping about changes and realize what a beautiful movie PJ has made, and be grateful that he is going by the book. <P>*slinks off before she explodes with righteous indignation* <P><BR>P.S. I'm sorry if my post offended anyone. This is just one of my pet peeves.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote