View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 04:46 AM   #62
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
All the younger women were laughing at Bunny's prank. Tansy couldn't help a smile creeping to her face, even though she knew she should disapprove of her friend's childish behaviour. She stretched her furry legs and took a sip from her pint. Right now, she did not want to bother with worrying about things. She was merely having fun with these nice people and Bunny was the leader. So Tansy could just relax and leave all responsibility behind, be as careless as she had been fifteen years ago. Suddenly she started laughing too, and laughed even more than the younger lasses had. This made Bunny burst laughing again, Peony cast Tansy a puzzled look and Mira having a face that could be interpreted the way that she was wondering how Tansy could be so slow to get the joke.

Tansy had been paying the young Hobbit little attention in all the chaos and she felt a bit guilty of it. So she truned to Mira and in response to her slightly quizzical look, she said: "Never mind, dear, you wouldn't get the joke, you're too young." Then she realised that what she had just said would have been the worst thing to say to herself when she was of Mira's age.

"Aye, she's so old that she does not even understand us young people anymore", Bunny teased, saving the situation. This made both Mira and Peony giggle - especially as they knew there was not even a crumb of truth to it.

Tansy smiled. "Anyway, Mira, am I mistaken if I say you've never been on an adventure before? The first adventure is always an important occassion... I think we must have a toast for it!"