View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #660
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I solemnly swear that everyone's heads are still attached to their bodies, and shall remain so.
Thank you. But for now, it's mostly Elempi's reaction to your post that I'm worried about. You've had your explosion, and being a girl myself, I realize that that's probably the worst that it will get from you, unless Elempi infuriates you in another way.

Quote:
I am frustrated, and angry, but I am trying to stifle the angry. It's difficult, I'm a short-tempered Scottish firebrand, with tendencies to anger in long slow simmers punctuated by violent eruptions. My family history has records of epic feuds on both sides. Trust me, it sounds way more romantic than it is.
Eh, well, you'll be able to manage, especially since we don't get your real reaction, only that which you choose to type down. We won't see your flushed face, burning eyes, and rigid attitude, nor will we (hopefully) see your first draft of the post you write and then think better of and replace with another one, not quite so fiery.

Quote:
I mean everything I say, however. I have been thinking this through and trying to come up with a solution for several days. I have also tried to be subtle in my concerns, and it doesn't work. This is a group effort, and I would really like to see our Innkeeper put more weight on group input.
Yes, yes, I believe you. I'm not asking anyone to hide their opinion on the matter if they don't want to, I'm asking them to not loose their heads.

Quote:
EDIT: Folwren, I respect your desire to avoid conflict here, but I think you should still say where you stand on the issue if you have any preference at all, even if you never mention it again. I know I am, and trust LMP is, mature enough not to take personal offense at disagreement, and I think it's important that everyone weighs in.
No. I said earlier that I refuse. I will not put my weigh in. It's not so much fright of conflict - goodness knows I don't refuse an argument very often - it's just that I don't want to undermine Elempi. I'm not the leader or organizer of this entire thing. If I were, I'd up and say something, but I'm not. It is not to say that I don't think people should voice their opinions, but I think enough people have said something that I don't need to. I can work either way. I'm easy to make happy and I'm not going to add strife. I may quarrel often for real, but once in while I like being the peace maker, and this is going to be one of those times.

So, continue, but be nice.

-- Folwren